Calling all writers! Creators of horror! Macabre story-weavers! Nightmare sculptors!
Submissions are now open to UK based playwrights for the LHF Playwriting Competition, in association with the Old Red Lion Theatre.
We welcome new horror plays of between 45 and 60 minutes with the prize-winning play performed on the opening evening of the 2017 festival, directed by ORL Artistic Director, Clive Judd. The winning submission will also receive dramaturgical support from the ORL Literary Department.
The DEADline for new horror play submissions will be midday on Monday 28th August. Entries received after this time will not be considered. The winning play will be announced in September.
When sending us a play please make sure to include the following details:
- Your name.
- A contact telephone number.
- Your email address.
- Your agent’s details (if applicable).
- Whether you will be able to attend the production on Sunday 15th October 2017 should your play be selected as the winner.
- The script in .pdf format. Word documents are also accepted but your script will not be read if it is not in one of these two formats.
- A title page and page numbers in the script.
Please also note:
- Unfortunately we’re not able to accept plays from writers based outside of the UK.
- We only accept submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not accept scripts written for television, film or radio, treatments or incomplete works, short plays under 45 minutes duration, musicals, plays not in the English Language or scripts that have already been read by the ORL Literary Department.
- We cannot accept more than two examples of a writer’s work.
- New drafts and/or amendments cannot be accepted once the literary team is considering a
We’re looking for new plays. We can’t accept scripts that have already been produced.