Together with Meta, Crypt TV presents “Eli Roth’s Haunted House: Trick-VR-Treat,” the ultimate horror VR experience launching in Meta Horizon Worlds and Meta Quest TV on Friday, October 21 at 6pm PT/9pm ET. For fans without a Meta Quest 2 VR headset, the experience will be available to watch on Crypt TV’s Facebook and Instagram pages. Check out the trailer HERE.
Written and directed by Eli Roth and starring Vanessa Hudgens and Will Sasso, the 30-minute 180-degree VR experience will take us on a neighborhood trick-or-treating adventure that goes horrifically awry, culminating in a frightening haunted house at the end of the street. “Eli Roth’s Haunted House: Trick-VR-Treat” recreates the social and classic experience of going through a haunted house—but this time in VR, inside of Meta Horizon Worlds—full of scares, surprises and creepy good times that are best shared with friends.
- Tune-in: Crypt TV presents “Eli Roth’s Haunted House: Trick-VR-Treat,” the ultimate horror VR experience launching in Meta Horizon Worlds and Meta Quest TV on Friday, October 21 at 6pm PT/9pm ET.
- Description: In “Eli Roth’s Haunted House: Trick-VR-Treat,” the Dollhouse is a decrepit home at the end of the street that should never be entered. Years ago, it was home to a Dollmaker who made toys for all the neighborhood children, but the glue she used was toxic and everyone who played with them died—including her two daughters. The experience is from the POV of a teenage trick-or-treater in the most exciting Halloween neighborhood in town as they find themselves invited inside the haunted Dollhouse by a young beauty dressed as a fairy (Vanessa Hudgens) and then viewers are quickly transported inside of a living nightmare.
- Trailer: HERE
- Meta Horizon Worlds Page: HERE
- Oculus Blog: HERE
- Vanessa Hudgens:
- “With this being my first time participating in an experience in VR, I had such a blast working with Eli Roth, Crypt TV and Meta to bring this terrifying tale to life. To consider how the viewers will have an immersive experience in 180 degrees really adds so many exciting and new elements to playing a character. I don’t want to give too much away but I can say, for certain, that you will be spooked…and you’re going to love it.”
- Eli Roth:
- “I have been a VR user and filmmaker since the first generation Oculus Go hit the market. I love the format for storytelling and have wanted to make a truly immersive horror piece for years. There’s absolutely no comparison to VR in terms of immersive storytelling. Every director dreams of putting the audience inside the story, and there is no better way to accomplish that than with the Meta Quest headset. I wanted to build the ultimate haunted house, and Meta enabled me to bring my vision to life. With a fantastic cast led by Vanessa Hudgens and amazing production support from Crypt TV, Cream Productions, and Light Sail VR, we have created the ultimate VR Halloween experience. Step inside, if you dare.”
- Mina Lefevre, Head of Development & Programming, Meta:
- “’Haunted House: Trick-VR-Treat’ is, without a doubt, going to shock, surprise and scare all those who watch in VR in Meta Horizon Worlds as well as those who watch on Facebook and Instagram. We feel fortunate to be working with one of the biggest names in horror, Eli Roth, and continuing our partnership with the amazing team at Crypt TV, along with talent like Vanessa Hudgens who all will make this a very special viewing experience for fans of the genre.”
- Vanessa Hudgens: