Issue #15 Features an In-Depth Conversation with Ti West, a Celebration of Phil Tippett’s MAD GOD, the FX of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION and More
Today, FANGORIA Magazine announced that the cover of the subscriber edition of their upcoming April 2022 issue will celebrate Ti West’s long-awaited return to horror in his new A24 film X. Featuring a vintage-style Fango cover featuring a wince-inducing image from the film we know that store chains definitely won’t carry, West’s latest shocker is set in 1979 –the very same year that FANGORIA just so happened to make its debut. Phil Nobile Jr. heralds X as “a film which rejuvenates the slasher genre in an exciting and wholly unexpected fashion,” and we know that horror fans are also going to fall in love West’s latest throwback when it arrives in theaters on March 18th.
For those of you out there who are just as hyped for the release of X as we are here at Fango, you will definitely want to check out Heather Wixson’s in-depth interview with West in Issue #15. During the conversation, West chats about his time away from making horror movies and also offers up all kinds of gory details about his twisted and tantalizing slasher, including working with a talented cast that features the likes of Fango cover girl Jenna Ortega, Mia Goth, Scott Mescudi (Kid Cudi), Brittany Snow, Martin Henderson and Owen Campbell.
Other highlights from FANGORIA Issue #15 include:
- Fango veteran Abbie Bernstein returns to our pages to discuss the practical FX at the heart of the latest chapter of the Jurassic World saga, Dominion.
- Fango is also celebrating the magic of practical FX with a piece on the legendary FX pioneer Phil Tippett, and his decades-long journey to bring his stop-motion masterpiece Mad God to fruition.
- Fans may recognize Joe Lo Truglio for his comedic chops in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Wet Hot American Summer, and Reno 911!, but in this issue, Joe shares a first look at his feature directorial debut, the very-not-funny PTSD horror film Outpost.
- Filmmaker Timo Tjahjanto is as known for his bone-splitting action as he is for his unsettling horror; Fango speaks with the director about riding that blurry line with his work.
- Dog Soldiers is turning 20, and to commemorate this milestone, we speak with the filmmakers behind the British horror actioner who share never-before-seen photos from the film.
- “Gateway horror” is a real buzzy phrase these days, and filmmaker Tibor Takács chats about the enchanting inspirations behind one of the seminal films in that canon, the aptly titled The Gate, which also celebrates its 35th anniversary this spring.
For fans who want to get their hands on the subscriber-exclusive X cover, the subscription window to get that cover will close on March 15, 2022. New subscribers can even save 25 percent off right now a year-long subscription when they use the code FANGO25X at checkout. For more details on how to become a subscriber, visit FANGORIA at: https://shop.fangoria.com/collections/subscription/products/fangoria
About FANGORIA Magazine:
FANGORIA first launched in 1979 as a magazine celebrating genre filmmaking and continues to be published as a printed quarterly to this day. The mag was acquired in 2020 by producer Tara Ansley and entrepreneur Abhi Goel, who have looked to expand its brand while resurrecting its sister brands Starlog and Gorezone in the digital space.