Corcoran- who at just 19 years old- was named ‘The First Lesbian Wedding in France,’ at that year’s Cannes Film Festival, has long been an advocate for Gender Representation and Wage Equality within the Film and Television Industry. She has starred in Award-Winning Netflix, STARZ, Amazon and IFC Feature Films and has spoken at institutions such as The Museum of Modern Art, The Museum of the Moving Image, The Film Society at Lincoln Center and The New York Conservatory of Dramatic Arts on topics such as Satire in Shakespeare, Independent Filmmaking, and Wage Equality in Entertainment.
“In an area so recognized by its wealth and privilege- it’s important for the festival to reflect the filmmaking industry at large- it’s a diverse art form which has been limited in its representation for too long.” says Corcoran, “We have a responsibility as filmmakers to examine and highlight the stories of marginalized individuals and provide a platform for voices which all too often go unheard. We hope to continue to build on this mission as the festival grows throughout the years.”
The Montauk Film Festival runs from July 25th thru August 1st and aims to encourage and promote films that inspire awareness about the environment, along with poignant societal issues through themes of conservation, sustainability and community.
Current Festival Highlights Include:
- Opening Night Screening of ‘The Loneliest Whale’ by Joshua Zeman in conjunction with Adrian Grenier and Leonardo Dicaprio
- North American Premiere of ‘The Truth Has Changed’ but Academy Award Nominee Josh Fox (‘Gasland’)
- Competition Screening of ‘Pretending I’m Superman: The Tony Hawk Video Game Story’ by Ludvig Gür and Q&A with Tony Hawk
- Screening of ‘Kiss The Earth’ with Woody Harrelson
- Panel Conversation with Tomek Michniewicz (National Geographic Award-Winner) and various Environmental and Global Crisis’ Foundations including Surf Rider, Defend H2O Lazy Point Farms, among others.
- New York Women in Film and Television Ceremony Honoring a selected Female Filmmaker
Lifetime Achievement Award Presented to selected Environmentalists